Our Founder Dr Alan Rae
Who am I
Dr Alan Rae. Once upon a time I was a plant scientist. Mostly I've been in business but I worked in Business Support for 4 years in the late 90s. I help businesses grow based on my own experience and the research projects I've done which have been turned into workbooks and training programmes and made available to you via this site.
What value can I deliver for you
I apply common sense, experience of growing businesses and practicality to help you decide what to do next - and how to achieve it.
Business is basically quite simple. You have to find something that people want to buy, tell them about it and organise the means to give it to them without going bust in the process.
Profit is the small number that is the difference between costs and sales. If you use technology to work smarter you can reduce costs and boost sales with a big effect on profit.
Getting more sales means integrating face to face and online activity in a way that suits YOUR business not somebody else's. I'm pretty good at this - I've had a lot of practice.
What I do now.
- Advise and mentor small companies who want to grow. (I'm a growth accelerator coach)
- Teach Entrepreneurial Marketing at Southampton University and Toulouse Business School.
- Chair our family horticultural business. We sell plants and organic pest controls on line and grow organic vegetables for the local market based at our headquarters, Fletching Glasshouses in East Sussex
What I've done in the past.
- Worked in Heavy Engineering, IT, Business Support and horticultural industries
- Started up and run 4 businesses
- Run a Government funded IT training and demonstration centre in West London
- Researched how small companies use IT and the internet to advantage.
- Developed an HR good practice guide for the horticultural industry.
- Regional chair and Professional Body Board member - Chartered Institute of Marketing - was elected a chartered fellow in 2006
- Developed training programmes for UK govt, PCWorld, HP, O2 and many small businesses.
- Written numerous papers and 3 books.
- Helped many small businesses develop.
Contact - To discuss how we can help with developing products ring 0845 094 0407